Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

It's Halloween time. Time to get ready for the school parade. Duquan wanted to be Aang, the Avatar, the Last Airbender. We looked up how to do the markings from the movie. I took a black ink eyeliner pen to create the details. No, I didn't go all the way down the back or up the arms. What? I'm a working mom. He would have just sweated it off anyway. I wanted to do it in Henna; it would have been permanent for at least a week. But Duquan and Steve said no. I would have. Maybe someday I will...



Jaden was, of course, Princess Tiana from Disney's "The Princess and the Frog". Well, of course she wants to look like her; she practically already does! I learned how to do the hair last year from a video blog on YouTube. The secret, amazingly, to a perfect bun is an old sock!




The kids carved pumpkins this year. Jaden had picked hers out while on a field trip with her class to a pumpkin patch. "It looks like a jelly bean!" was her explanation on why she chose as she did. Duquan decided to add a special touch to his: pumpkin barf! Eww!! Such a boy...


1 comment:

sogni dolci said...

Oh, I vote for the henna too! That'd be fun. And it still comes off. :)

They look great. Did you have to buy another dress for Jaden or is that from the wedding?