Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy Hollow

Duquan and I joined Jaden and St. Andrew's Preschool for a day at Happy Hollow Park and Zoo.

Duquan, Jaden, and the other preschoolers enjoy a midmorning snack before entering the park. This leopard was one of the first animals we saw and boy was he energetic. I don't know who was playing with who. He would leap and paw at the glass and all the kids would scream. Jaden didn't like being too close. And I'm not so sure the leopard liked all those kids being so close.
They had food dispensers the kids could use to feed the animals. There were goats, horses, ponies, donkeys, cows, and other barnyard animals. Duquan liked to feed the animals, but Jaden did not like being that low or close to them.
Here they were feeding a family of guinea pigs. Jaden of course called them "No-ear rabbits."There were also some birds in the trees watching the guinea pigs eat. I wonder what was on their minds?It was time for the park part. There were lots of different slides, swings, climbing structures, and some kiddie rides.

This is a huge shoe that you climb up to and slide down through it. So THAT'S how the old lady who lived in a shoe got all of her kids to school on time!





While Duquan went with the other kids on the Dragon train, Jaden and I checked out the maze. She found her way to the other side, WAAAAYYYY over there.
I would have to say though that the kids, especially Jaden, LOVED the carousel.

No comments: