Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Moving Back to Ben Lomond

Well, it is now OFFICIAL. The Ruff's are moving back to Ben Lomond in June. After talking with Calvet (state home lending for veterans), they gave us a lot to think about. Steven has always planned to eventually move back to Ben Lomond - buy down here first, then after the kids have graduated, sell and move back to Ben Lomond. Well, as Calvet pointed out, it is cheaper to buy down here because high supply, low demand. That means that selling would be difficult. We had to think and pray on that. After a lot of prayer and discussion, we decided that it would be best for our WHOLE family to move back to Ben Lomond.

Some may ask if it was worth it, if we regret moving down here. I will say absolutely not. God has a path for all of us and this was ours. Back in 2011 I had asked God to make a change in me, to strengthen my relationship with Him. And that's when we began this journey. Moving down here brought us to a church that helped all of us deepen our relationships with God. I bought my first Bible; I bought the kids their first Bibles; and last July, Duquan and I were baptized and I rededicated my life to Christ. There has been so much growth. I count it all as joy as we continue on our path. It took Moses and the Israelites 40 years wandering a desert before they entered the promised land because they had so much to learn. I'm hoping it doesn't take me 40 years, but at the same time, whatever is God's will, I am willing to yield. God knows what is truly in my heart and I want to be the best for Him. And if it takes 40 years, it's all good. Again, I count it ALL as joy. So, family and friends, I can't wait to see all of you soon!

No comments: