Well, school has started, the heater's filter has been changed (thanks for the reminder Dad), the leaves are falling, and thanks to God that it is raining. We need it so bad. It has rained at least once every week so far this month. And it's wonderful. Duquan is playing soccer again this fall. I almost forgot to register him! He loves it. Their team name is the "Earthquakes" and they are pretty good. It is a lot different from last year. Last year they were all jumbled up or twidling their thumbs, but this year there is passing, dribbling, shooting, and even drop-kicks by the goalies. It is absolutely amazing what these kids can do. Check out Duquan's page for his side of the story.

Preschool has started and we decided to put Jaden in class a few more days than before. She was just getting too bored at home and was in desperate need to play with other kids. She is all potty-trained (YEAH! - no more diapers for us! WOO HOO!) and she loves school. The picture below is pretty good considering her morning before this picture was taken. Steve told me that when he brought her to school that morning, she got of the car and started running in the parking lot (don't worry, there weren't any cars) and she fell. She was crying for quite awhile before the pictures. But it looks as though she pulled herself together just in time.

When Jaden got her pictures, the first thing she pointed out were her earrings that Daddy had put in for her. In case you didn't know, I have switched shifts at work. Since I am now a supervisor at the sleep center, I work days (Steve still works 3 night shifts). So, he has picked up kiddie-duty during the weekdays and he is just awesome. I hurt my hand a couple of weeks ago at work (yeah, stupid scissors slipped and I had to get stiches in my left hand), so I haven't been able to do Jaden's hair. Steve has picked up all the little things. He does Jaden's hair every morning... As he says, he has become a "Ponytail Master". Steve has been absolutely wonderful and the kids and I are blessed to have him in our lives.
1 comment:
LOVE current updates!!! Thank you!
Post a Comment