Yes, it has been a CRAZY weekend.
Thursday night we all went to the airport to drop off Steve. He was going to visit his cousin, Rob, in San Diego for the weekend so that they could watch Rob's little brother play his last basketball game of the regular season. While we were waiting for Steve's flight, who would walk by but Jeff Garcia! But wait, this is how it happened:
"OH SH**!" Steve shouted. I was looking around alarmed thinking that maybe Steve saw a long-lost relative or friend or something. This tall skinny man in a suit walked by talking on his cell phone. He looked over at us (probably from Steve shouting) and gave a nod and a smile. I was looking at him confused.
"That's Jeff Garcia!" Steve shouted.
"The football player?" I said slowly and still a little confused. And sure enough, that's who it was.
So Steve flew down to San Diego and I was left with the kids for the weekend.
On Friday, I picked Duquan up from school and the three of us went to see "Bridge to Terebithia." TOTALLY sad movie. I must have cried at least three times. Jaden was not into it at all, and Duquan was so-so about it. But it was the only family-ish movie out. After the movie we went to the pizza parlor next door. The kids played video games and of course Jaden was not into the idea of sitting down for dinner when it was time to. So THAT was an ordeal. She cried and I ignored it. She finally sat down turns to me and says "I don't like you." I almost laughed but held it in. It's so cute when they get mad. I continued to eat my dinner and ignored it. She calmed down, ate a little bit, and when we got home fell immediately asleep. That girld cannot handle being tired very well. In the morning she came into my room and climbed into bed with me. She put her hand on my face and said, "Mommy, I love you too." (She always adds "too" to the end of the phrase.)
On Saturday, Duquan had a prior engagement with a friend to go to Disney-on-Ice in Oakland for his friend's birthday, so it was just Jaden and I. We went to have some Mexican food for lunch. She loves cheese quesadillas. So we were sitting there having some chips and salsa (she loves the salsa) and they had brought out the guacamole I had ordered to go with the chips. I put it in the middle of us. She turns to me with her nose wrinkled and says, "What's that?" I say, "Guacamole. Mommy love guacamole." She says, "EWWW!!!" and scoots away from it. I laughed and moved it to the other side. I say, "Can you say guacamole?" She says, "GWA-CA-MO-LEE." "Very good!" And she says, "High five!" Too much.
So it's been an okay weekend, but I am SO ready for Steve to come home. I don't know how single moms do it. It is so exhausting! Between the regular Mommy-stuff and the little sibling squabbles, I had to answer where Daddy was every time Jaden saw Daddy's car in the driveway. Or fight the child off of me every time I was on the phone (she was convinved that Daddy was on the phone every time the phone rang). "Daddy's little girl" is the understatement of the year!
And Duquan was just Duquan all weekend long (well, minus the extra EXTRA long time it took to clean his room)...
No comments:
Post a Comment